8 April 2011
CIMdata PLM Industry Summary
News and Information on Product Lifecycle Management
Brought to you by CIMdata, Inc. - www.cimdata.com
This Week from CIMdata
PTC announced the release of Windchill® 10.0, the newest version of PTC's product lifecycle management (PLM) software. With the latest release of Windchill, PTC is enabling manufacturers to do more throughout the product lifecycle, know more about product performance and get more value from PLM. . .
PLM News: Contents
Become a member of the CIMdata PLM Community to receive your daily PLM news and much more.
- CIMdata Successfully Concludes its 2011 North American Vendor Forum and Releases Its 2010 PLM Market Analysis
- CIMdata in the News: “Siemens PLM Software Celebrates a Decade at Top of cPDm Ranking”
- AB Studio Named Autodesk Gold Partner and Receives an Autodesk 2010 Award
- CAD Schroer Announces Downloads up by 46% for Free 2D/3D CAD Software for Linux®, Windows®
- CD-adapco Announces the Opening of its New Southern California Office
- Delcam Announces First Sales Partner in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Delcam Appoints Martin Measures as its Sales Manager
- Geometric Announces Appointment of Manu Parpia, Founder and Vice Chairman, as Managing Director and CEO
- PROSTEP Publishes White Paper on Neutral 3D Formats
- Rand Worldwide Offers their Dassault Systèmes Customers Technical Support Services through Partnership with Razorleaf
- Tata Technologies Forms New Vehicle Development Group
- Boothroyd Dewhurst to Host 2011 International Forum on DFMA, “Manufacture Success: Meeting the Challenge of Growth in Product Development”
- Call for Abstracts - PDT Europe 2011
- Carestream Health, Nexteer Automotive, Advatech Pacific to Present on PLM Strategy at Aras Conference at End of April
- CD-adapco’s STAR European Conference 2011 an Engineering Success
- CNC Software, Inc. Showcases Mastercam® X5, Unveils New Swiss Software at OrthoTec 2011
- Delcam to Highlight Integrated Machining and Inspection at Paris Air Show
- Delcam to Host Orthotic Technology Forum at University of Bath
- Delcam to Launch Complete “Open Implantology” Dental System in USA
- Delcam’s New CAM Range on Show at MetalTech
- ESI Co-Hosts Composites Simulation Conference at JEC Show 2011
- OptiTex Will Attend Garment-Manufacturing and Textile Processing Trade Show
- Right Hemisphere Announces XMetaL Integration to Fully Support Compliant 3D Visualization in DITA
- WorkNC Dental Implantology Generates Excitement at Shows Both Sides of the Atlantic
- Centric Software Reviews Record Year for Market, Customer Expansion
- Dassault Systemes Schedules First Quarter 2011 Results Webcast and Conference Call for April 27, 2011
- EMC To Announce First-Quarter 2011 Financial Results on April 20
- Mentor Graphics Corporation Announces Redemption of 6.25% Convertible Subordinated Debentures Due 2026
- OpenText to Report Third Quarter Financial Results on Wednesday, April 27, 2011
- AESSEAL Bestow Majenta PLM with Multi-site Teamcenter Contract
- Cane Creek Chooses SolidWorks to Optimize Design of Premium Bicycle Components
- Dassault Systèmes Assists Parker Aerospace in Managing Regulatory Compliance; Implements V6 PLM Solution
- HDL Design House Adopts Magma's Full Suite of Software to Accelerate SoC and IP Development
- IFS North America Partners with ShipConstructor Software
- Kendrion Streamlines Processes with IFS Applications
- Leading Yacht Design Company John Shuttleworth Yacht Designs Ltd Chooses Siemens NX 7.5 CAD/CAM Solution from Majenta PLM
- Lotus Renault GP and Processia Solutions Renew their Technical Partnership
- MSC Patran and Sinda Simulate Extreme Thermal Conditions in Violet Satellite Spacecraft Collaboration
- United States Air Force Takes Flight with Autodesk Software
- Autodesk Announces Eight More ‘Citrix Ready’ Verified Applications
- Bentley Launches New Lineup of Bentley Map 3D Desktop GIS Software for Infrastructure
- C&R Technologies, Inc. Announces Version 5.4 of SINDA/FLUINT, Sinaps®, Thermal Desktop®, RadCAD® and FloCAD® are Now Available
- CIDEON Conversion Engine Release 4.2.5 is Now Available
- Coffey Offers Realistic Simulation to the Mining Industry
- Consona Announces Made2Manage CADLink to Interface Design and ERP Systems
- e-Xstream Announces the Release of DIGIMAT 4.1.2
- Enhanced Support for Unsteady Analysis Simulations Heads List of Feature Enhancements in the 2011 Version of Tecplot 360
- Fujitsu Signs Partnership Agreement with Zuken for Analysis Systems for Printed Circuit Boards
- Lantek Launches the 2011 Version of Lantek Expert Collaboration
- LEDAS Adds Profile Management to LGS 2D Constraint Solver
- New Mobility App for Teamcenter Empowers Mobile Workforce to Make Smarter Decisions, Better Products
- New Release of CIDEON Import PDM / PLM and CIDEON CAD Collaboration Available
- New TracePartsOnline.net Raises the Bar for Delivering Product Content
- Reaction Design Introduces FORTÉ CFD For Advanced, 3D Internal Combustion Engine Design
- SAP Certifies CONTACT’s PLM Standard Interface
- ShipConstructor 2011 R2 Released
- Wake Resolution Added to Pointwise's Hybrid Mesher for CFD Accuracy
CIMdata Online Polls
CIMdata is now featuring online polls with real time reporting on our web site at http://www.cimdata.com/polls/polls.html. Each week the results of the previous poll will be included in the CIMdata PLM Industry Summary to help you stay on top of trends in the PLM industry.
Take a moment to visit the site and vote on our current poll.
The results for the last opinion poll are:
It is very encouraging to see that of those companies who responded the majority (over 63%) execute over 75% of their designs in 3D CAD. However, there are still a substantial number of technological followers: fully 18% of respondents still work mostly in 2D. Certainly, 2D is appropriate for some product design work, such as simple turned parts. However, when these parts are used in more complex assemblies and products it remains preferable to design them in 3D so that they can be analyzed for things such as weight and clash.
The results on the question of master data are interesting from the standpoint that clearly companies are moving away from drawings as the master. This shows a maturing process where 3D is used for design and then maintained as the master that supports future work. 60% of respondents now use 3D as the master or as the master along with a drawing derived from 3D. Of the 39% who continue to use drawings as the master, one has to wonder how many are required to do so by some regulatory organization (such as US FDA) and how many do this to satisfy their company's historical practices.
NOTE: The results of these polls are anecdotal, not scientific.
If you have a suggestion for a poll you'd like to see contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Information on CIMdata and PLM
See how CIMdata Consulting can work with your organization to improve your PLM strategy.
Read select reports online and see a sample of what CIMdata research can do for your company.
View more newsletters from CIMdata in our searchable online archive.
Tell us what you think of the CIMdata Newsletter. Contact the Editor Christine Bennett at email@example.com.
CIMdata, Inc. is committed to your privacy. Your personal information will never be sold or shared outside of CIMdata without your express permission.
'CIMdata 뉴스레터' 카테고리의 다른 글
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 6 May 2011 (0)||2011.05.09|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 29 April 2011 (0)||2011.05.02|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 22 April 2011 (0)||2011.04.25|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 15 April 2011 (0)||2011.04.18|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 8 April 2011 (0)||2011.04.11|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 1 April 2011 (0)||2011.04.04|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 25 March 2011 (0)||2011.03.28|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 18 March 2011 (0)||2011.03.21|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 11 March 2011 (0)||2011.03.14|