16 December 2011
CIMdata PLM Industry Summary
News and Information on Product Lifecycle Management
Brought to you by CIMdata, Inc. - www.cimdata.com
This Week from CIMdata
CIMdata is delighted to present Europe's leading independent PLM event. In Munich, Germany on February 22-23rd 2012, 250 senior professionals from the Design, R&D, and IT disciplines will attend to benchmark, network, and identify PLM best practice. Join CIMdata’s President, Peter Bilello, Robert Häller, VP R&D & PLM at Volvo Cars, and Dagmar Chlosta, SVP Process Management at adidas Group. Whether you are currently assessing the business case for PLM or seeking to unlock the value from your mature program, the PLM Innovation Congress represents the perfect environment to cultivate compelling take home knowledge. As a member of the CIMdata’s network you are eligible for a special delegate price. Click Here to find out more.
PLM News: Contents
Become a member of the CIMdata PLM Community to receive your daily PLM news and much more.
- Autodesk Completes Acquisition of Horizontal Systems, Inc.
- ESI Group Announces the Acquisition of Efield
- FISHER/UNITECH Acquires SolidVision
- IFS Invests for Growth in Latin America—Acquires LATINIFS Tecnologia da Informação S.A.
- CIMdata Announces Date and Location for the First European CIMdata PLM Certificate Program of 2012, Birmingham, United Kingdom – March 12 - 16
- Aras Expands Global Headquarters for Growth and Announces New Job Openings
- Cedarville University Supports Competitive Engineering with SolidWorks
- Delcam Italia Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Knovel Adds Computer Hardware Engineering Subject Area
- LEGO Engineer Uses Hans Schiesser Scholarship to Study at Delcam
- Managing Board Member Ernst Homolka to Leave Nemetschek AG
- Mark Barrenechea Appointed President and CEO of OpenText Effective January 2, 2012
- Surfware Appoints UAVision as New VAR in Portugal
- Winners of the Tekla Global BIM Awards 2011 Announced
- BWIR & Korade B.V. Conduct the First PLM Seminar
- Delcam CRISPIN Complete Footwear CADCAM on Display at ENKWSA
- Delcam for SolidWorks 2012 on Show at SolidWorks World
- 49th Design Automation Conference Inaugural Competition
- 49th Design Automation Conference User Track: For Users by Users
- Keynote Speakers Named for 2012 Collaboration & Interoperability Congress
- Lectra's 4th International Education Congress Honors Collaborative Work, Design, and 3D Technologies
- Registration Opens for 2012 AVEVA World UK User Meeting
- BRANDIX, Sri Lanka's Largest Garment Manufacturer, Switches to TUKATECH to Meet Efficiency Goals
- Cadence Palladium XP Verification Computing Platform Speeds Deployment of Panasonic Systems-on-Chip for Digital Consumer Products
- Diebold Selects aPriori for Product Cost Management
- Document Management Provides VSH More Insight and Overview
- Global Unichip Achieves Gigahertz+ Frequency on ARM Cortex-A9 Processor with Synopsys IC Compiler
- Kineo CAM to Deliver its Software Components to a Major Robot Manufacturer
- Legrand Electric Joins SmartPlant® 3D Enthusiastic Followers to Design and Manage More Efficient and Accurate Cable Routing
- MSC Software’s Patran to be used at Shipyards Worldwide for Strength Assessment
- New Intergraph® Case Study Describes How CAU2011 Winner Larsen & Toubro of India Succeeds With PV Elite® on Diverse Vessel Projects
- SETAL Investment with AVEVA Enterprise
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University has Adopted the Educational Version of AxSTREAM
- SofTech Case Study: ProductCenter PLM at Haydon Kerk Motion Solutions
- Synopsys Enables Silicon Success for GLOBALFOUNDRIES' First Complex 20-nm Design
- Agilent Technologies Announces Shipment of 3-D EM Simulation Platform, Further Enhancing RF Simulation Speed
- Altair Engineering Opens High-Powered Data Center to Support Cloud-Based HyperWorks On-Demand
- AVEVA and RIEGL Sign Interoperability Agreement
- AVEVA Releases AVEVA Design Reuse
- Delcam Releases PartMaker 2012 for Turn-Mill Centres and Swiss-type Lathes
- Elmo Solutions Enhances Agni Link CAD-ERP Integration Connector for AutoCAD Mechanical
- ESI Announces The Release Of Visual-Environment 7.5, An Open And Collaborative Virtual Prototyping Platform
- IFS Releases New Solution for Brazil
- Infor Announces Packaged ION Integration to Third-Party Applications
- LMS to Release LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Rev11
- Mentor Graphics and Mecel Announce the First Complete AUTOSAR 4.x Solution
- Mentor Graphics Announces Industry’s First Integrated Solution for Component-to-System Thermal Characterization and Analysis
- NetBase and SAP Join Forces to Deliver Social Media Analytics to Global Enterprises
- New Product KeyCreator Compare Means Better Quality, Communication for Manufacturers
- New KOMPAS-3D V13 from ASCON Integrates Lightworks Artisan
- Rasterex Releases RxAutoImage R12.7
- Rasterex Releases RxSpotlight R12.7
CIMdata Online Polls
CIMdata is now featuring online polls with real time reporting on our web site at http://www.cimdata.com/polls/polls.html. Each week the results of the previous poll will be included in the CIMdata PLM Industry Summary to help you stay on top of trends in the PLM industry.
Take a moment to visit the site and vote on our current poll.
The results for the last opinion poll are:
Digital Manufacturing (DM) supports the definition of the processes used to produce a product, including simulation and analysis of those processes, and the manufacturing environments used, including production equipment and lines. It provides the bridge between design and production. While DM solutions have been available for several years adoption of DM has been slow. This survey explored the status of DM programs within industrial companies.
One of the major reasons for the slow adoption of DM is that most companies do not have a formal DM strategy. Approximately 52% of the respondents to the poll said that their company did not have a DM strategy even if they were using some combination of DM type tools (40% indicated they are using some tools without any strategy while 12% indicated no DM strategy). The lack of a strategy generally indicates that a company is continuing to operate as they have in the past – getting local tools for individuals or small groups that have manufacturing engineering tasks. They are not looking to see how they can best leverage design information as part of their overall product development and manufacturing processes.
Companies that have DM strategies are at three different levels of maturity. At the lowest level, the company has defined a strategy (18% of respondents) but has not yet begun to execute it. These companies have recognized the need for effective DM but need to make tool selections and do their manufacturing process definitions before they can begin to achieve DM related benefits. At the middle level of maturity (approximately 12% of respondents), the company has selected tools and defined some of the processes but has not yet deployed the solution throughout their enterprise. These companies need to continue deployment to fully maximize their return on their DM investments. At the highest level of maturity, a company has a defined DM strategy and is actively deploying it across their enterprise (16% of respondents).
The bottom line is that only 30% of respondents indicated that their companies are actively deploying a DM strategy. These companies are making the investments needed to improve their overall product development and manufacturing capabilities and improve the market competitiveness. CIMdata’s experience and research strongly indicates that these companies will be the most successful in the years to come.
NOTE: The results of these polls are anecdotal, not scientific.
If you have a suggestion for a poll you'd like to see contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Information on CIMdata and PLM
See how CIMdata Consulting can work with your organization to improve your PLM strategy.
Read select reports online and see a sample of what CIMdata research can do for your company.
View more newsletters from CIMdata in our searchable online archive.
Tell us what you think of the CIMdata Newsletter. Contact the Editor Christine Bennett at email@example.com.
CIMdata, Inc. is committed to your privacy. Your personal information will never be sold or shared outside of CIMdata without your express permission.
'CIMdata 뉴스레터' 카테고리의 다른 글
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 20 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.25|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 13 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.16|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 6 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.09|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 23 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.26|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 16 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.19|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 9 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.12|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 2 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.05|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 23 November 2011 (0)||2011.11.26|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 18 November 2011 (0)||2011.11.21|