13 January 2012
CIMdata PLM Industry Summary
News and Information on Product Lifecycle Management
Brought to you by CIMdata, Inc. - www.cimdata.com
This Week from CIMdata
Only FIVE weeks until PLM Innovation 2012! Have you registered yet?
CIMdata is delighted to present Europe's leading independent PLM event. In Munich, Germany on February 22-23rd 2012, 250 senior professionals from the Design, R&D, and IT disciplines will attend to benchmark, network, and identify PLM best practice. Join CIMdata’s President, Peter Bilello, Robert Häller, VP R&D & PLM at Volvo Cars, and Dagmar Chlosta, SVP Process Management at adidas Group.
Whether you are currently assessing the business case for PLM or seeking to unlock the value from your mature program, the PLM Innovation Congress represents the perfect environment to cultivate compelling take home knowledge. As a member of the CIMdata’s network you are eligible for a special delegate price. Click Here to find out more.
What access to engineering simulation data do you have from your mobile phone? Take a moment to let us know:
PLM News: Contents
Become a member of the CIMdata PLM Community to receive your daily PLM news and much more.
- Mentor Graphics Acquires the Flowmaster Group to Provide a Unique Combination of CFD Capabilities
- Trace One and Agentrics - PLM are Merging to Create a Global Leader in Collaborative Platforms for Private Label Industry
- Trimble Acquires Plancal in Switzerland to Expand its Global Presence in the MEP Market
- CIMdata Announces Dates for PLM Road Map™ 2012; Annual PLM Conference Set for October 2 & 3
- Siemens PLM Software Leverages Crowd Sourcing to Promote Solid Edge and JT (CIMdata Commentary)
- CD-adapco Welcomes Sector Manager for Electric Machines
- Delcam Launches New Web Site for FeatureCAM Feature-Based CAM System
- Kevin Gilroy to Lead Channel Business at SAP
- Lawrence Tech Students Develop Winning Designs Using Dassault Systèmes’ CATIA
- Mentor Graphics Appoints Three New Executives
- PROSTEP and Geometric Partner to Provide First Line of Technical Support on PROSTEP’s Products for Customers in Asia Pacific
- QMS Delivers a Record Breaking Year in 2011 - Quality Management Solutions, Inc. (QMS), Also Became the Leading Implementation Partner for SAP QM Worldwide
- Sescoi Appoints a New Head of Operations for India
- Surfware Announces Top Resellers of 2011
- Winners of Dassault Systèmes-Sponsored Interactive Design Competition to be Announced at Detroit Auto Show
- Workpiece Programmed with hyperMILL® Wins Gold Medal
- Apparel Magazine's Tech Conference West Set for March 21 in L.A.
- Delcam to Launch New Dental Milling Software at Chicago Meetings
- Delcam to Show Latest CADCAM to Tyre Manufacturers at Tire Technology
- Delcam to Show New Releases at WESTEC
- EuroMold was Successful for OPEN MIND; Timesaving CAM Strategies
- Flow Science Announces 12th FLOW-3D European Users Conference
- Gerber Technology to Demonstrate Why YuniquePLM is Readily Adopted by Users Across all Levels of the Enterprise at NRF Show in New York City
- Intergraph® 2011 User Group Conferences Attended By 5,500 Delegates Worldwide
- OptiTex Introduces Webinar Targeting Users of PLM, with Key Content from the PDP Group
- EMC to Announce Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2011 Financial Results on January 24; News Release to be Available on EMC's Corporate Website
- PTC to Announce Fiscal Q1 Results on Wednesday, January 25th and Host Conference Call on Thursday, January 26th at 8:30 am ET
- SAP Reports Best Ever Full-Year and Fourth Quarter – Full-Year 2011 Software Revenue Increases 25% At Constant Currencies to €4 Billion
- SofTech Announces Q2 Fiscal Year 2012 Operating Results
- Surfware Reports 9% Increase in Sales Growth for 2011
Industry Specific News
- Aeromatrix Selects MSC Software’s Solutions for Design and Development of Aero-structures
- ÅF AB Selects AVEVA as Principal Engineering Design Solution
- As Nature Intended, With Alphacam (Customer Case Study)
- CDS Catalog and CAD Download Solution Selected by Wink Fasteners
- Delcam Flexibility Sparks Rapid Growth for A&M EDM
- HYDROCHINA Kunming Engineering Corporation Chooses Bentley’s ProjectWise Project Team Collaboration Platform
- Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors Corporation Completes First Phase of PTC PLM System Deployment
- MIDAS IT Selects Siemens PLM Software’s D-Cubed Components to Power New CAE Solution for AEC Market
- MMM Group Selects Bluebeam PDF Revu as Enterprise-Wide PDF Solution
- QuadriSpace’s 3D Work Instruction Software Streamlines Rafael’s Assembly Process
- Vero Software: Trimming Cycle Times with 5-Axis Machining
- Agilent Technologies Announces Availability of Mitsubishi Electric’s Nonlinear RF Model Library for Advanced Design System
- Aras Announces Availability of Cadence OrCAD Connector
- Autodesk and Pitney Bowes Software Enter Strategic Alliance Agreement
- Browzwear Vstitcher, Vstyler & VViewer Version 4.9 Released
- Cadac Organice Introduces Workbox 2010 R4
- Cadence Expands Proven NAND Flash Design IP Offering with ONFI 3 PHY and Controller
- CCE Rings in the New Year with EnSuite 2012
- CNC Software Unveils Mastercam X6
- First Ever Monthly Subscription Model of Targeted Solid Edge Offerings Available Now to Local Motors Community
- Intergraph® Releases CADWorx® DraftPro™ Free Intelligent 2D Drafting
- Jack and Process Simulate Human
- Kubotek Comparison Suite Products Allow Users to Identify and Communicate Change Confidently for Improved CAD Model Change Management
- Latest Release of ESI’s Casting Simulation Suite: ESI’s foundry simulation solution is now extended by Salsa 3D, a gating and running design tool
- Lattice Technology Releases XVL Studio Ver. 10.0b
- Localized Version of Vectorworks 2012 Product Line Now Available in Japan
- MCAD and ECAD Speak the Same Language with CADSTAR Board Modeler Lite
- Mentor Graphics Partners with Freescale to Deliver Vista-based Virtual Prototype Solution for Freescale Processors
- New Partner KEY to METALS Brings Vast Material Properties Expertise to the HyperWorks Partner Alliance
- OPEN MIND Technologies AG: hyperMILL : Customised Process Features
- Tribold Begins 2012 With New EPM Product Release
- Visual 2000 Sets New Standard for PLM Usability with Visual PLM.net® S Edition
CIMdata Online Polls
CIMdata is now featuring online polls with real time reporting on our web site at http://www.cimdata.com/polls/polls.html. Each week the results of the previous poll will be included in the CIMdata PLM Industry Summary to help you stay on top of trends in the PLM industry.
Take a moment to visit the site and vote on our current poll.
The results for the last opinion poll are:
Digital Manufacturing (DM) supports the definition of the processes used to produce a product, including simulation and analysis of those processes, and the manufacturing environments used, including production equipment and lines. It provides the bridge between design and production. While DM solutions have been available for several years adoption of DM has been slow. This survey explored the status of DM programs within industrial companies.
One of the major reasons for the slow adoption of DM is that most companies do not have a formal DM strategy. Approximately 52% of the respondents to the poll said that their company did not have a DM strategy even if they were using some combination of DM type tools (40% indicated they are using some tools without any strategy while 12% indicated no DM strategy). The lack of a strategy generally indicates that a company is continuing to operate as they have in the past – getting local tools for individuals or small groups that have manufacturing engineering tasks. They are not looking to see how they can best leverage design information as part of their overall product development and manufacturing processes.
Companies that have DM strategies are at three different levels of maturity. At the lowest level, the company has defined a strategy (18% of respondents) but has not yet begun to execute it. These companies have recognized the need for effective DM but need to make tool selections and do their manufacturing process definitions before they can begin to achieve DM related benefits. At the middle level of maturity (approximately 12% of respondents), the company has selected tools and defined some of the processes but has not yet deployed the solution throughout their enterprise. These companies need to continue deployment to fully maximize their return on their DM investments. At the highest level of maturity, a company has a defined DM strategy and is actively deploying it across their enterprise (16% of respondents).
The bottom line is that only 30% of respondents indicated that their companies are actively deploying a DM strategy. These companies are making the investments needed to improve their overall product development and manufacturing capabilities and improve the market competitiveness. CIMdata’s experience and research strongly indicates that these companies will be the most successful in the years to come.
NOTE: The results of these polls are anecdotal, not scientific.
If you have a suggestion for a poll you'd like to see contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Information on CIMdata and PLM
See how CIMdata Consulting can work with your organization to improve your PLM strategy.
Read select reports online and see a sample of what CIMdata research can do for your company.
View more newsletters from CIMdata in our searchable online archive.
Tell us what you think of the CIMdata Newsletter. Contact the Editor Christine Bennett at email@example.com.
CIMdata, Inc. is committed to your privacy. Your personal information will never be sold or shared outside of CIMdata without your express permission.
'CIMdata 뉴스레터' 카테고리의 다른 글
|CIMdata 2012 Market & Industry Forums: The Whole Truth (0)||2012.02.09|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 3 February 2012 (0)||2012.02.06|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 27 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.30|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 20 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.25|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 13 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.16|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 6 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.09|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 23 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.26|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 16 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.19|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 9 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.12|