20 January 2012
CIMdata PLM Industry Summary
News and Information on Product Lifecycle Management
Brought to you by CIMdata, Inc. - www.cimdata.com
This Week from CIMdata
CIMdata Announces its 2012 PLM Market & Industry Forum Series; Forum series offers first public exposure to CIMdata’s analysis of 2011’s PLM market results
CIMdata, Inc. announces its international 2012 PLM Market & Industry Forum schedule and program. These one-day events, formerly known as CIMdata’s PLM Vendor Forum, will be held in . . .
PLM News: Contents
Become a member of the CIMdata PLM Community to receive your daily PLM news and much more.
- Altair China Receives 10-Year Software Industry Achievement Award
- Cadence Publishes Definitive Book on Advanced Verification for Today's ICs
- Cimatron Appoints Largest Reseller in China
- GRAPHISOFT Signs MOU with Shanghai’s Luban Software
- KETIV Technologies Named Autodesk Q3 Reseller of the Quarter
- Lectra and Walter Wilhelm Associates (WWA) Renew Their Global Partnership
- MSC Software Teams Up with UNED to Bring FEA Masters Program to Engineering Communities
- Siemens Extends Partnership with Frontal Software to Include Product Lifecycle Management Solutions
- Siemens PLM Software Technology Used by Nearly All Companies Unveiling New Vehicles at North American International Auto Show
- Tech Soft 3D and SmartScape Formalize Preferred Partnership Agreement
- WorkNC Dental CADCAM Website Now in Chinese
- Aras Sponsors the Microsoft Global Energy Forum
- AVEVA World Norway User Meeting Opens in Oslo
- CGTech to Feature the Extended Composites Applications Suite at JEC 2012
- CGTech to Preview VERICUT 7.2 at WESTEC
- Countdown to SolidWorks World 2012: "Father of the iPod" to Keynote
- Delcam to Launch New Dental Milling Software at Dentistry Show
- Delcam to Launch PartMaker Modeling at WESTEC 2012
- Delcam GmbH to Show Latest in CAM at METAV
- Lectra Showcases Full Range of Fashion Solutions at Intermoda Guadalajara in Mexico
- More Power for VERICUT 7.2 - Previewing at MACH 2012
- New Waveform Roughing; One of Many Enhancements on Show at Southern Manufacturing 2012
- Newly Released Mastercam X6 in Action at WESTEC 2012
- OPEN MIND Technologies at SolidWorks World 2012
- Oracle PartnerNetwork Hosts Inaugural Oracle Applications and Industry Partner Summit
- ProSTEP iViP Symposium 2012 - Register Now and Save
- Register Now for Inforum 2012
- CDS Announces >30% Growth Driven by Industrial Suppliers Adapting to the New Selection and Buying Process
- Dassault Systèmes Schedules Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Results Webcast and Conference Call for February 9, 2012
- IBM Reports 2011 Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year Results
- Record Year for ModuleWorks in 2011
- Tech Soft 3D Announces 40 Percent Revenue Growth for FY 2011
- ASICS America Implementing Lawson Fashion PLM to Help Support Continued Growth
- Autodesk Selected as Industry Partner for NUS Engineering Design and Innovation Centre (EDIC); Establishing New Professorship
- Beretta Leverages Centric Software for Digital Sales Catalog Creation
- Delcam’s FeatureCAM Gives Five-Axis Success in New Zealand
- Delcam’s PartMaker CAM Supports Growth for Medical Device Manufacturer
- DLT Solutions Closes Year with DoD Contract Win
- DOCOMO Beijing Labs Reduces Development Time of Mobile Communications Technology by 50 Percent with MATLAB
- Electrolux Enables a Social, Mobile Workforce with IBM Software
- Electromagnetic Field Simulator Helps Speed Characterisation of Innovative Hybrid Magnet
- Food Center Amsterdam Manages Restructuring Project in the Cloud
- Fruit of the Loom® Selects Gerber Technology’s YuniquePLM Solution to Streamline Product Development, Production Planning and Sourcing
- Hitachi Consulting UK Helps Boden Assess Global Product Lifecycle Management Solutions to Support Strategic Growth
- Picochip Achieves First Silicon Success for 40-nm picoXcel Femtocell Chip Using Synopsys' Lynx Design System
- Siemens Energy Launches the Sales Tool Tacton Configurator World Wide for its Industrial Power Business
- SuVolta Expands Commitment to Magma's FineSim SPICE
- The Latest Version of WorkNC is a Quantum Leap in Toolpath Calculation Speed Says UK Company
- wefunk (Americas) Inc. Selects Illumiti and SAP® Business ByDesign™ to Help Manage Growth
- CEI Launches New EnSight 10 for Improved CAE/CFD Visualization
- EMA Automates PCB Footprint Generation with New App for Allegro PCB Design
- Equalis Introduces Powerful Instrument Control and Fixed Point Modules
- Flow Science Collaborates with Sigma Technology to Offer Free IOSO Trial Licenses
- GRAPHISOFT Releases ArchiCAD STAR(T) Edition 2012
- IBM Brings the Power of Analytics to Social Business
- Intergraph® Publishes New Start-Up Guide for CADWorx® DraftPro™ Intelligent 2D Plant Design Solution
- Inforbix Introducing Mobile Search for CAD and Product Data on iPad
- INTEGRATED Introduces API Across the Board with Version 9.1
- OPEN MIND Technologies AG: hyperMILL in Tool and Mould Making
- The ZW3D 2012 Beta is Live
- Theorem Packages Two Separate CATIA to JT Translators as a Single Solution; Native and Mixed CATIA V5 and V4 Data Automatically Converted to JT Format
- Xilinx Announces ISE Design Suite 13.4 Further Extending 7 Series FPGA Support and Design Productivity
- Xsens Motion Capture Data in Siemens PLM Software Jack
CIMdata Online Polls
CIMdata is now featuring online polls with real time reporting on our web site at http://www.cimdata.com/polls/polls.html. Each week the results of the previous poll will be included in the CIMdata PLM Industry Summary to help you stay on top of trends in the PLM industry.
Take a moment to visit the site and vote on our current poll.
The results for the last opinion poll are:
Digital Manufacturing (DM) supports the definition of the processes used to produce a product, including simulation and analysis of those processes, and the manufacturing environments used, including production equipment and lines. It provides the bridge between design and production. While DM solutions have been available for several years adoption of DM has been slow. This survey explored the status of DM programs within industrial companies.
One of the major reasons for the slow adoption of DM is that most companies do not have a formal DM strategy. Approximately 52% of the respondents to the poll said that their company did not have a DM strategy even if they were using some combination of DM type tools (40% indicated they are using some tools without any strategy while 12% indicated no DM strategy). The lack of a strategy generally indicates that a company is continuing to operate as they have in the past – getting local tools for individuals or small groups that have manufacturing engineering tasks. They are not looking to see how they can best leverage design information as part of their overall product development and manufacturing processes.
Companies that have DM strategies are at three different levels of maturity. At the lowest level, the company has defined a strategy (18% of respondents) but has not yet begun to execute it. These companies have recognized the need for effective DM but need to make tool selections and do their manufacturing process definitions before they can begin to achieve DM related benefits. At the middle level of maturity (approximately 12% of respondents), the company has selected tools and defined some of the processes but has not yet deployed the solution throughout their enterprise. These companies need to continue deployment to fully maximize their return on their DM investments. At the highest level of maturity, a company has a defined DM strategy and is actively deploying it across their enterprise (16% of respondents).
The bottom line is that only 30% of respondents indicated that their companies are actively deploying a DM strategy. These companies are making the investments needed to improve their overall product development and manufacturing capabilities and improve the market competitiveness. CIMdata’s experience and research strongly indicates that these companies will be the most successful in the years to come.
NOTE: The results of these polls are anecdotal, not scientific.
If you have a suggestion for a poll you'd like to see contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Information on CIMdata and PLM
See how CIMdata Consulting can work with your organization to improve your PLM strategy.
Read select reports online and see a sample of what CIMdata research can do for your company.
View more newsletters from CIMdata in our searchable online archive.
Tell us what you think of the CIMdata Newsletter. Contact the Editor Christine Bennett at email@example.com.
CIMdata, Inc. is committed to your privacy. Your personal information will never be sold or shared outside of CIMdata without your express permission.
'CIMdata 뉴스레터' 카테고리의 다른 글
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 10 February 2012 (0)||2012.02.14|
|CIMdata 2012 Market & Industry Forums: The Whole Truth (0)||2012.02.09|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 3 February 2012 (0)||2012.02.06|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 27 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.30|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 20 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.25|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 13 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.16|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 6 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.09|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 23 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.26|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 16 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.19|