27 January 2012
CIMdata PLM Industry Summary
News and Information on Product Lifecycle Management
Brought to you by CIMdata, Inc. - www.cimdata.com
This Week from CIMdata
CIMdata's PLM Market & Industry Forums
Formerly known as CIMdata's Vendor Forums, our PLM Market & Industry Forums are a series of international events that offer a one-of-a-kind opportunity for PLM solution providers to come together and examine the industry's performance, gauge its progress, and set the vision for its future.
Where & When?
Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - March 29 [Agenda]
Heidelberg, Germany - April 17 [Agenda]
Shanghai, China - April 20 (For information call +1 734-668-9922)
Tokyo, Japan - April 25 [Agenda] (For information call +81 47-361-5850)
Plymouth, Michigan, USA - October 1 (NEW for 2012 - half-day Fall Forum) [Agenda]
PLM News: Contents
Become a member of the CIMdata PLM Community to receive your daily PLM news and much more.
- “PLM for AEC: A Better Way to Manage Buildings” by Peter A. Bilello, President, CIMdata Inc.
- The Mobility Revolution: What Does it Mean for CAE? (Poll Results)
- 2012: The PLM Tipping Point? (New Poll)
- Applied Software Earns Autodesk Factory Specialization
- Entries Open for the Tenth Annual KOMPAS-3D Modeling Contest
- Integware Announces Systems Integrator Agreement with Siemens PLM Software
- Lectra Appoints Jean-Patrice Gros Director, Middle East and North Africa
- Majenta PLM is Named Top UK Siemens PLM Software Solution Provider and Retains its Status as the UK’s Only Platinum Partner
- 3D PDF Consortium Begins Formal Operations
- Zuken Expands its International Business Team
- Apache Sponsors Chip-Packaage-System Workshops at DesignCon
- AVEVA to Present at EUEC 2012
- AVEVA Sponsors Topsides 2012
- AVEVA to Exhibit at 67th Annual Texas A&M University Instrumentation Symposium
- BIM Spectrum Virtual Event Line-up Announced
- Cabinet NG Targets Legal Industry With PaperlessAttorney.com
- CDS & CADworks Exhibit new BIM Solution at AHR 2012
- CGTech to Present New Fiber Placement Programming Software Features
- Delcam Offers Free Training Day for ArtCAM Insignia 3D CADCAM
- Delcam to Launch New Delcam for SolidWorks at SolidWorks World
- Delcam to Make the Most of Multi-Tasking Machines at Mazak
- GibbsCAM's New Capabilities to be Presented at SolidWorks World 2012
- Infor and Lawson to Host Annual User Conference April 22 - 25 in Denver
- Sescoi and Ingersoll Seminar Shows Machining From Start to Finish
- Si2 Organizes 3D Panel at DesignCon 2012
- ANSYS to Release Fourth Quarter and 2011 Earnings on February 23, 2012
- Aspen Technology Announces Date of Second-Quarter Fiscal 2012 Financial Results Release, Conference Call and Webcast
- EMC's Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year 2011 Earnings Results Available on EMC.com
- Geometric Declares Revenues of Rs. 2,190.37 Mn, a Q-o-Q rise of 14.5%
- PTC Announces Strong Q1 Results, Increases FY’12 and Long-Term Targets
- PTC Q1 Fiscal 2012 Prepared Remarks
- SAP Reports Best Ever Results – Full-Year 2011 Software Revenue Increases 25% at Constant Currencies to €4 Billion – Non-IFRS Operating Profit €4.8 Billion at Constant Currencies
- ACD Implements Document Management and Change Management from Omnify Software
- Altera Adopts the Mentor Graphics Veloce Hardware Emulator to Accelerate Time-to-Market for their Next-Gen Products
- Autodesk Simulation Helps Company Create Ultimate “Go Anywhere” Craft
- Cadac Organice Develops Further into an International Supplier
- CDS CAD Download Solution Now Live on CUI Inc Website
- Fujitsu Semiconductor Expands Use of Calibre for Advanced IC Physical Verification and Design for Manufacturing
- Mori Seiki NLX and NVX Machines Set To Increase Market Share for Fife Fabrications
- NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory Begins Widespread Adoption of Maplesoft Technology
- PCO Innovation is Involved with the Normalization of Engineering Practices at Alstom Transport
- Toyota Industrial Equipment Manufacturing (TIEM) Selects aPriori for Product Cost Management
- Varian Medical Systems Uses SAP to Support Sustainability and Compliance With REACH and RoHS
- Yamaha Standardizes on Synopsys' Processor Designer after Cutting DSP Development Time in Half
- CONTACT and BETA CAE Systems Launch a Development Partnership
- Delcam Adds New Strategies for Roughing and Turn-Mill to FeatureCAM
- MSC Software Announces New Releases of Patran and MSC Fatigue
- New fe-safe™ Component for ANSYS Workbench
- OpenText Brings Business Process Solutions to Windows Azure
- Synopsys Collaborates with Sigrity to Accelerate Signal Integrity Analysis
- Tekla BIMsight 1.4 Takes BIM to the Field with Windows Tablets
- Theorem Provides Long Term Data Archiving (LTDA)Solutions using STEP and JT
- Visure Solutions’ IRQA Offers Requirements Engineering Solution for Embedded Systems
CIMdata Online Polls
CIMdata is now featuring online polls with real time reporting on our web site at http://www.cimdata.com/polls/polls.html. Each week the results of the previous poll will be included in the CIMdata PLM Industry Summary to help you stay on top of trends in the PLM industry.
Take a moment to visit the site and vote on our current poll.
The results for the last opinion poll are:
Access to simulation information from mobile devices
There is no mistaking the consumer trend - consumers expect their mobile devices to be continuously connected to always-available information and resources in the cloud. What does this mean for simulation (CAE)?
Many companies have security policies that prohibit access to engineering data from outside their firewall. What are your company's policies?
Suppose there were an app available for your smart phone that allowed you to check the status of simulations running on a high-performance cluster. Suppose there were an app available that would allow you to check, through lightweight post-processing, whether a simulation run has been successful.
With the mobility revolution, consumers expect their mobile devices to be continuously connected to always-available information and resources in the cloud. What does this mean for simulation (CAE)?
The latest CIMdata poll looked at company policies regarding access to simulation data. Three fourths of respondents said their companies allow access only from company-owned devices. Of these, a majority do allow access from outside the firewall via VPN. Only one in six said that they are able to access simulation data from a portable device owned by the employee, not the company. However, one in five believes their company’s policy will soon change to allow such access.
These prevailing policies for company data access are clearly at odds with the expectations consumers have for mobile devices. As the new, younger crop of engineers currently being educated enter companies, we expect them to place more demand on the freedom of data access to which they have become accustomed through their ubiquitous use of social media and smart phones. Companies will need to adopt new methods and policies to assure that they can make best use of their employees and retain their services in the long term. Of course, we do not expect this type of change to occur where data and processes are of a very highly sensitive nature. It will also be interesting to see how these policies evolve as mobile simulation applications become available. CIMdata previously said, “The future of mobile devices as a data delivery device in a PLM context appears to be very bright and we expect their use to increase significantly over the next three to five years.” It is perhaps too early to form an opinion on the extent to which simulation will participate in reaping the productivity and collaboration benefits of the mobility revolution.
NOTE: The results of these polls are anecdotal, not scientific.
If you have a suggestion for a poll you'd like to see contact us at email@example.com.
More Information on CIMdata and PLM
See how CIMdata Consulting can work with your organization to improve your PLM strategy.
Read select reports online and see a sample of what CIMdata research can do for your company.
View more newsletters from CIMdata in our searchable online archive.
Tell us what you think of the CIMdata Newsletter. Contact the Editor Christine Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIMdata, Inc. is committed to your privacy. Your personal information will never be sold or shared outside of CIMdata without your express permission.
'CIMdata 뉴스레터' 카테고리의 다른 글
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 17 February 2012 (0)||2012.02.20|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 10 February 2012 (0)||2012.02.14|
|CIMdata 2012 Market & Industry Forums: The Whole Truth (0)||2012.02.09|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 3 February 2012 (0)||2012.02.06|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 27 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.30|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 20 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.25|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 13 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.16|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 6 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.09|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 23 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.26|