25 March 2011
CIMdata PLM Industry Summary
News and Information on Product Lifecycle Management
Brought to you by CIMdata, Inc. - www.cimdata.com
This Week from CIMdata
The CIMdata Vendor Forum, a series of international one-day events, provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity for PLM technology and service suppliers to come together to examine the industry’s performance, gauge its progress and set the vision for its future. It also provides a forum at which CIMdata shares its perspective on the PLM industry and market, introduces PLM market analyses results, and drive discussion about issues of critical importance to the vendor community.
Coming Thursday, March 31st! Be among the first to see the results of our survey of the 2010 PLM Market. Join us at our North American PLM Vendor Forum in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
PLM News: Contents
Become a member of the CIMdata PLM Community to receive your daily PLM news and much more.
- Alibre Design Contest Winners Display Unique Innovation Combined with High Quality, Marketable Concepts
- Altair Engineering Canada Opens Montreal Office in Response to Rapidly Increasing Aerospace Business
- ASCENT- Center for Technical Knowledge® Releases Five Training Guides for Autodesk® 2012 Software
- Gerber Technology Recognizes FIDM Graduate for International Manufacturing and Product Development Skills
- iDesign Solutions Selects CAD Gorilla to Improve Autodesk Training in Schools
- IMAGINiT Technologies Wins Multiple Autodesk Awards
- JEDEC Publishes New Thermal Testing Standard Inspired by Mentor Graphics T3Ster Technology
- Mastercam for SolidWorks Awarded Gold Partner Status
- M2 Technologies Now Offering Autodesk's 2012 Software and New Product Suites
- Research Reveals the Business Value of Managed Content—30 Percent Productivity Gains, 25 Percent in Efficiency Improvements
- Siegel Schleimer Ingénieurs-conseils Becomes COMSOL Certified Consultant
- Attend Mercury PLM Services Information Exchange on April 14, 2011
- AVEVA Laser Modeller launched at SPAR 2011
- C-CAM Company Features Edgecam at the “intec” International Trade Fair in Leipzig
- CGTech to Show VERICUT 7.1 at EASTEC
- Delcam to Launch 64-bit PowerINSPECT at Control 2011
- Delcam to Present Adaptive Machining Developments at AeroDef
- ESPRIT 2011 at PMTS 2011, Columbus, Ohio, April 19-21
- ESPRIT 2011 at the 12th CIMT, Beijing, China, April 11-16
- 48th Design Automation Conference to Feature Keynote Interview by Apple Computer, Inc. Co-founder Steve Wozniak
- Geometric to Showcase CAMWorks® 2011 at PMTS 2011
- IDC, CIMdata and Beyond PLM to Present at Upcoming Aras Community Event in April
- IMAGINiT Technologies Supports Autodesk 2012 Product Launch With Technical & Training Expertise
- Invitation to the Solid Edge ST4 Global Launch Event
- Krontime Launches a New Software Solution "Lean Factory" at the Next Industries 2011 Show in Lyon (5 – 8 April)
- PartMaker’s Fishman to Present On Machining Trends at PMTS
- Product Lifecycle Management Conference - CMPROficiency 2011
- SMi Presents their 6th Conference on Pharmaceutical Portfolio & Product Life-Cycle Management 29-30 June 2011, London, UK
- SPEED's Electric Machine Software to Complement CD-adapco's Flagship Analysis Tool, STAR-CCM+
- Tata Technologies Heavy Equipment Capabilities at CONEXPO
- Delcam Achieves Record Sales and Increased Profits
- Lantek Ends 2010 with a 34% Increase in Turnover
- Oracle Reports Q3 GAAP EPS Up 75% to 41 Cents; Non-GAAP EPS Up 40% to 54 Cents
- SAP Announces Availability of 2010 Annual Report to Shareholders and Annual Report on Form 20-F
- AVEVA Announces Contract Win with Hyundai Heavy Industries
- AxSTREAM to Assist SMTU Students with Marine Turbine Design
- Catalog Data Solutions CAD Download Solution Selected by Schioppa Casters and Wheels
- Freescale Licenses Synopsys' DesignWare IP Portfolio to Accelerate SoC Designs
- Lakeshore Learning Materials to Implement NGC's PLM Software
- More Businesses Run on SolidWorks and Enterprise PDM
- MSC Software’s MD Adams was Selected for the Development of NASA Mars Exploration Rover
- Scientific Research Leader CERN Relies on Cadence Services to Provide an Advanced and Integrated Design Environment
- Wilocity Tapes-Out Multi-Gigabit Wireless Communication SoC Using Synopsys DesignWare IP
- Accept Corporation Improves Social Ideation, Strategic Planning and Agile Execution; Announces Accept360(TM) Spring 2011 Release
- Allplan 2011 Online Initiative/Pilot Project Started: Müller + Huber is the First Customer to Use the Web-based CAD
- Aureus Pharma Changes its Name to Aureus Sciences (R) and Launches a New, Comprehensive Life Science Applications Webportal
- AutoCAD 2012 Products Deliver Flexibility and Accessibility
- Autodesk Unveils 2012 Manufacturing Software Portfolio
- Autodesk Increases Power of 3D Design with 2012 Design and Creation Suites
- Autodesk 2012 AEC Software Portfolio Expands Value of Building Information Modeling
- Bluebeam Software Launches New Bluebeam PDF Revu eXtreme to Supercharge PDF-Based Communication and Workflows for Enterprises
- Bluebeam PDF Revu 9 Launches with Enhanced Usability, Advanced Features to Streamline PDF-Based Digital Workflows the Web-based CAD
- CadFaster|Collaborate™ Cloud Software for the Real-time Annotation and Co-viewing of 3D CAD Models is Now Available Globally
- CIDEON Integrates CATIA V6 in SAP PLM
- Delcam Offers Cost-Effective Reverse Engineering with PowerSHAPE Pro
- Flow Science Announces Release of FLOW-3D Cast
- iMachining - a Revolution in CAM technology and High Productivity Milling
- IMAGINiT Technologies Unveils Scan to BIM™ 2012
- Informative Graphics' Content Sealed Format (CSF) Achieves FIPS 197 Certification Benchmark
- Lectra Announces Diamino® V5R4
- LMS Solidifies Acoustic Simulation Leadership with Automatically Matched Layer (AML)
- Mentor Graphics Calibre xACT 3D Field Solver Extraction Tool Demonstrates High Accuracy and Performance in STARC Evaluation
- Mentor Graphics Delivers Next-Generation Emulation Solutions for the Verification of High-Speed Ethernet Products
- SAP® Product Lifecycle Management Application Helps Companies Bring Winning Products to Market Faster
- SoftInWay Partners with Continuous Control Solutions to Increase Reliability of Turbomachinery
- Synopsys' Next-Generation DesignWare Data Converter IP Delivers 50 Percent Lower Power with Smaller Area
- T-Splines, Inc. becomes SolidWorks® Solution Partner
CIMdata Online Polls
CIMdata is now featuring online polls with real time reporting on our web site at http://www.cimdata.com/polls/polls.html. Each week the results of the previous poll will be included in the CIMdata PLM Industry Summary to help you stay on top of trends in the PLM industry.
Take a moment to visit the site and vote on our current poll.
The results for the last opinion poll are:
It is very encouraging to see that of those companies who responded the majority (over 63%) execute over 75% of their designs in 3D CAD. However, there are still a substantial number of technological followers: fully 18% of respondents still work mostly in 2D. Certainly, 2D is appropriate for some product design work, such as simple turned parts. However, when these parts are used in more complex assemblies and products it remains preferable to design them in 3D so that they can be analyzed for things such as weight and clash.
The results on the question of master data are interesting from the standpoint that clearly companies are moving away from drawings as the master. This shows a maturing process where 3D is used for design and then maintained as the master that supports future work. 60% of respondents now use 3D as the master or as the master along with a drawing derived from 3D. Of the 39% who continue to use drawings as the master, one has to wonder how many are required to do so by some regulatory organization (such as US FDA) and how many do this to satisfy their company's historical practices.
NOTE: The results of these polls are anecdotal, not scientific.
If you have a suggestion for a poll you'd like to see contact us at email@example.com.
More Information on CIMdata and PLM
See how CIMdata Consulting can work with your organization to improve your PLM strategy.
Read select reports online and see a sample of what CIMdata research can do for your company.
View more newsletters from CIMdata in our searchable online archive.
Tell us what you think of the CIMdata Newsletter. Contact the Editor Christine Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIMdata, Inc. is committed to your privacy. Your personal information will never be sold or shared outside of CIMdata without your express permission.
'CIMdata 뉴스레터' 카테고리의 다른 글
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 22 April 2011 (0)||2011.04.25|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 15 April 2011 (0)||2011.04.18|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 8 April 2011 (0)||2011.04.11|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 1 April 2011 (0)||2011.04.04|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 25 March 2011 (0)||2011.03.28|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 18 March 2011 (0)||2011.03.21|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 11 March 2011 (0)||2011.03.14|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 4 March 2011 (0)||2011.03.07|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 25 February 2011 (0)||2011.02.28|