6 January 2012
CIMdata PLM Industry Summary
News and Information on Product Lifecycle Management
Brought to you by CIMdata, Inc. - www.cimdata.com
This Week from CIMdata
|Location||Date||Pricing & Registration|
|Atlanta, Georgia, USA||February 6-10, 2012||Registration Info|
|Birmingham, United Kingdom||March 12-16, 2012||Registration Info|
|Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA||May 7-11, 2012||Registration Info|
|Oslo, Norway||June 11-15, 2012||Registration Info|
|Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas, USA||September 17-21, 2012||Registration Info|
|Stuttgart, Germany||October 15-19, 2012||Registration Info|
|Amsterdam, The Netherlands||November 12-16, 2012||Registration Info|
|Cypress, California, USA||December 3-7, 2012||Registration Info|
PLM News: Contents
Become a member of the CIMdata PLM Community to receive your daily PLM news and much more.
- IBM to Acquire Green Hat; Software Testing in the Cloud Helps Customers Reduce Cost, Improve Quality
- Midwest SolidWorks Reseller, Computer Aided Technology Inc., Acquires Tridaq Inc.’s SolidWorks Business in Missouri, Kansas and Illinois
- Anark Promotes Chris Garcia to Executive Vice President of Global Commercial Operations and Business Development
- Applied Software Earns Autodesk Process Plant Specialization
- Intergraph® CADWorx® & Analysis Solutions Announces ICAS Knowledge Base Advisor Contest
- Latest Release Marks the 10th Anniversary of Maple T.A.; New adaptive questions provide powerful tool for teaching during testing
- PTC Partners with Qimpro to Extend its Product Lifecycle Management Solution
- PTC’s Support for FIRST® is Cornerstone of Corporate Social Responsibility Program
- Symetri Appoints Fulthorpe to Head Up New Consulting Services Wing
- 2012 North American Car of the Year Finalists All Developed in Dassault Systemes' CATIA
- BWIR To Demonstrate How EPDM+ Increases Multi-fold Productivity at SolidWorks World 2012
- Delcam PartMaker Schedules User Meetings for 2012 Release
- Delcam to Show Latest in CADCAM for Composites at JEC
- ProSTEP iViP, Be Smart: Drive Systems Engineering
- Autodesk to Webcast its Special Meeting of Stockholders
- Mentor Graphics President, Gregory K. Hinckley, to Present at the 14th Annual Needham Growth Conference
- OpenText to Report Second Quarter Financial Results on Wednesday, February 1, 2012
- PTC to Host FY’12 Investor Day in New York City On Tuesday, February 7, 2012
- PTC to Speak at the 14th Annual Needham Growth Conference on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012
- SofTech Re-registers with the SEC as a Fully Reporting Public Company
- Synopsys CEO Aart de Geus to Speak at 14th Annual Needham Growth Stock Conference
- Bimba Looks to Boost Sales with Online 3D Configurator
- Donkervoort Automobielen BV Improves Design, Cuts Costs with SolidWorks Simulation
- fe-safe™ Helps Automotive Specialist Optimize Designs for High Temperature Fatigue Life
- Leading Memory Manufacturer Endorses Proteus LRC for Lithography Verification
- No Chickening Out With Alphacam (Customer Case Study)
- Oleo International Selects MSC Software’s Adams to Virtually Test their World Class Rail Buffers
- WorkNC Delivers Automatic CNC Programming at Serdar Plastik, Turkey
- AVEVA Releases AVEVA Surface Manager
- BETA CAE Systems S.A. Announces the Release of ANSA v13.2.1 with New Features and Known Problems Resolved
- CADavenue Unveils Sheet Metal Design Software for Version 4
- Camstar Joins PTC PartnerAdvantage Program to Enable Faster New Product Introductions and Higher Quality
- Cloud-Based Software Firm Expanding, Adding New Data Replication Technology
- Delcam Adds 3D Tools to ArtCAM Insignia Artistic CADCAM
- Infor Accelerates Product Development for Process Manufacturers
- Kenesto Announces Beta Program; New System Attacks the Complexity, Costs of Legacy PLM
- ModuleWorks Launches New 2011.12 CAM Components
- Saratech and ADINA Join Forces to Provide World Class Simulation Products and Services
- SimpleCAD Announces its Electrical and Fluid Power Symbol Libraries are now Compatible with AutoCAD 2013
- Theorem Release Plant Design to Mechanical CAD Translator; Resolving the Issue of Incompatible Data Formats Across Industries
CIMdata Online Polls
CIMdata is now featuring online polls with real time reporting on our web site at http://www.cimdata.com/polls/polls.html. Each week the results of the previous poll will be included in the CIMdata PLM Industry Summary to help you stay on top of trends in the PLM industry.
Take a moment to visit the site and vote on our current poll.
The results for the last opinion poll are:
Digital Manufacturing (DM) supports the definition of the processes used to produce a product, including simulation and analysis of those processes, and the manufacturing environments used, including production equipment and lines. It provides the bridge between design and production. While DM solutions have been available for several years adoption of DM has been slow. This survey explored the status of DM programs within industrial companies.
One of the major reasons for the slow adoption of DM is that most companies do not have a formal DM strategy. Approximately 52% of the respondents to the poll said that their company did not have a DM strategy even if they were using some combination of DM type tools (40% indicated they are using some tools without any strategy while 12% indicated no DM strategy). The lack of a strategy generally indicates that a company is continuing to operate as they have in the past – getting local tools for individuals or small groups that have manufacturing engineering tasks. They are not looking to see how they can best leverage design information as part of their overall product development and manufacturing processes.
Companies that have DM strategies are at three different levels of maturity. At the lowest level, the company has defined a strategy (18% of respondents) but has not yet begun to execute it. These companies have recognized the need for effective DM but need to make tool selections and do their manufacturing process definitions before they can begin to achieve DM related benefits. At the middle level of maturity (approximately 12% of respondents), the company has selected tools and defined some of the processes but has not yet deployed the solution throughout their enterprise. These companies need to continue deployment to fully maximize their return on their DM investments. At the highest level of maturity, a company has a defined DM strategy and is actively deploying it across their enterprise (16% of respondents).
The bottom line is that only 30% of respondents indicated that their companies are actively deploying a DM strategy. These companies are making the investments needed to improve their overall product development and manufacturing capabilities and improve the market competitiveness. CIMdata’s experience and research strongly indicates that these companies will be the most successful in the years to come.
NOTE: The results of these polls are anecdotal, not scientific.
If you have a suggestion for a poll you'd like to see contact us at email@example.com.
More Information on CIMdata and PLM
See how CIMdata Consulting can work with your organization to improve your PLM strategy.
Read select reports online and see a sample of what CIMdata research can do for your company.
View more newsletters from CIMdata in our searchable online archive.
Tell us what you think of the CIMdata Newsletter. Contact the Editor Christine Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIMdata, Inc. is committed to your privacy. Your personal information will never be sold or shared outside of CIMdata without your express permission.
'CIMdata 뉴스레터' 카테고리의 다른 글
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 3 February 2012 (0)||2012.02.06|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 27 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.30|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 20 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.25|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 13 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.16|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 6 January 2012 (0)||2012.01.09|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 23 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.26|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 16 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.19|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 9 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.12|
|CIMdata PLM Industry Summary 2 December 2011 (0)||2011.12.05|